Saturday, May 19, 2012

Morning has broken like the first morning…


I know that a while ago I posted about how much I love nights here, but I think that I have found something better.  For those of you who don’t know, I wake up insanely early here (5:15 – which to me is insanely early) and although the first half-hour to hour typically don’t go so well, I’m outside supervising the girl’s morning chores by 6:20, and let me say that I absolutely LOVE the mornings here.  It is really cool to watch the sun rise over the building – or actually I prefer to watch the shadows on the western side of the building (the sun rises in the East, right?) move and the whole side light up with sun.  It really is a great way to start the day, because although it isn’t watching the sun rise, it kinda is… Additionally, it is chillier in the mornings (not chilly enough anymore to warrant a sweater, especially if you eventually end up in the sun) but not as hot as it is at noon.  About a month ago (and still, occasionally) it reminds me of camping in WI during the summer, where is still slightly brisk in the mornings when you wake up.  Lately, it’s been raining so in the mornings there is a beautiful fog that half covers the trees in the mountain that you can see over the walls of the school.  It’s so peaceful and beautiful.  I don’t know if this makes any sense, but mornings really make me feel blessed to be here.  That’s all… loves to everyone at home. 

No comments:

Post a Comment