Sunday, March 18, 2012

RIP Rodger



This week, we finally ate the rooster that has been the house pet since I have been here… Mom - this is why I said we shouldn't name him.  I can’t remember eating rooster before, so I’m going to go with I haven’t – and I have to say that not all birds are alike – it did NOT taste like chicken.  But it was good. 

On another food note, I found a fruit that is absolutely amazing (however, this coming from me, the person who loves all kinds of fruit, may not mean a whole lot).  Sor Xiomara brought Sapote.  I’m not sure where you would buy it in the US, but I would STRONGLY encourage everyone to look it up and try some because it is DELICIOUS! 

As for other shenanigans that are going on… there is not a whole lot to report.  English classes start tomorrow, so I have been doing a decent amount of prep work for that… I’ll let you know how it goes in the next couple of days.  I am both extremely excited about the fact that they are starting and terrified out of my mind.  We will see how it goes…

Love to everyone at home!  

No comments:

Post a Comment