Friday, February 24, 2012

It's Friday, Friday, Gotta get down on Friday...

Yes, I just made that the title of my post...  Anyway, I just had a quick thought to share with you guys tonight.  I absolutely love Fridays here!  For a couple of reasons:

1.  It is now officially the weekend (yes I still love them even though I'm not currently in school).
2.  Tomorrow is Saturday, which means it is my day off, which means that I can sleep in until whatever time I want (usually I'm woken up around 7:30 due to noise, but that is still 2 more hours of sleep that I don't get during the week).
3.  Friday nights are movie nights with the girls which means that we all crowd onto the stage in the auditorium to watch a movie (usually a cheezy middle school chick flick) and then I get to walk outside and look up at the sky and see an obscene number of gorgeous stars.  This really is my favorite part of Fridays and the reason I wanted to post this.

The sky in Honduras is absolutely beautiful!  And I can't get enough of it... one of these nights I'm just going to sit out there for who knows how long.  Walking back from the movie tonight I looked up and, I don't even know how to explain it.  Imagine looking up into the sky when you are camping, and you can see, like, a billion stars... well multiply that by, like, 100 and you get the number of stars here.  And there is no glow from lights in a city that you can see in the distance.  Like I said, gorgeous!

It really is the little things!

P.S.  Happy Lent, everyone!


No comments:

Post a Comment