Saturday, February 4, 2012

Oh, the fruit!


I believe I have mentioned before the difference in the food that is here… but one thing that I will never complain about is the complete abundance of fruit.  There is always a fresh supply and I could have at least one fresh piece of fruit with every meal if I so desired (it has been pretty close to that too!)  We always have bananas, kiwi (YUM, my favorite!), mangos, apples, pears, we had fresh pineapple the other day, and other types of fruit that I have never seen before and have not gotten the names of.  And if you don’t feel like eating a piece of fruit, there is always fresh fruit juice – just don’t drink the watermelon juice.  I love watermelon, don’t get me wrong.  But I think that the best part of watermelon is the eating it.   It is fun, has an interesting texture, and you can have watermelon seed spitting contests when you are done.  It is the fruit of summer.  But in juice form, it’s just not good.  You would think it would be, because watermelon is, after all, a majority water.  But it really is just watered down watermelon with little chunks of grit in it – like I said, not my favorite.  But oh well, now I just know to stear clear of it. 

PS if anyone has/knows of a good way to eat mango, please let me know.  I have yet to find a good way to eat it without becoming completely drenched in mango juice… sticky hands and face.  

No comments:

Post a Comment